Sunday, January 6, 2013

Independence Dave (Now I'm Bullshitting)

Independence Dave (Now I'm Bullshitting)
I know this might be hard for some Americans to accept from a Canadian, but that document of which they are so proud, the one they call the Declaration of Independence, should in fact be called the Declaration of Dave. However, I was American when Benjamin Franklin stole it from me. To be precise, about three reincarnations ago, I was Benjamin Franklin's African American butler, Benson Franklin. Franklin was a liberal, who taught all his -uh- unpaid helpers to read and write. The first thing I read was The Bible. And as you might expect, one of the first things I wrote was 'all men are created equal'. He saw it, realized its potential, and the rest is U.S. history.

Sheesh! Everyone wants to be the founding father of a sovereign state, just so they can see their face on a hundred dollar bill. What's that? Electricity? No, I discovered that, too. By dragging my feet on the carpet. You just tell those Franklinites to go fly a kite.
  
More Scripts Statements Songs
© 2007, 2013. Scripts by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment