Sunday, December 30, 2012

Money to Burn

Money to Burn
In the 1600's, the king, fearing rebellion, opened up history's first credit company.

To all subjects:

It has come to my attention that a large number of you who have been struggling financially wish to surround and kill me. There is no need for this. If you need help with your payments, the royal treasury is available for you. Loans will be handed out in shillings, crowns, or Spanish dubloons. As long as you pay it back in time, I won't send men to your farm. So just calm down. It's never the end of the world as long as you keep putting it off until next year.

But some of the peasants didn't have the collateral to apply for a royal loan, and a certain infernal entrepreneur took advantage of their desperation.

To all souls:

We might not all be equal in the eyes of the rich aristocracy, but I see things differently. I know that a person can still be valuable, even if they own no property. I realize that keeping up a decent image is important for you and that you can't do it without money. And I have the most decent image in the world because I have so much money. So much. I'm telling you, I have money to burn...
  
More Scripts Statements Songs
© 2007, 2012. Scripts by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment