Saturday, February 9, 2013

What It Takes

What It Takes
I've been hearing a lot about how I needed to prove that I had 'what it takes' to be a public figure by enduring torture. Well, it takes more than that to be the kind of public figure that I have become.

It takes money, like the money you spent on those people who stole my work. It takes practise. How am I supposed to practise in a Salvation Army dorm? But above all, and you constantly overlook this in favour of testing my resistance to torture, it takes talent: the talent that those fiends with my work did not have for the whole time you loved them.

I know NBC wants you to think I'm weak, but I've endured enough torture over the last six years to start thinking of myself as some kind of superman. I'm convinced that I will survive to be compensated for the crimes against me, even if I have to wait until I'm in my fifties. I'm no longer interested in celebrating my work. You've already done such a thorough job of that WITHOUT ME.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2013. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment