Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Few Thoughts

A Few Thoughts
I need to talk about myself again for a moment. Just a few things that may need clearing up.

I'm not a trend or a pop star. You are confusing me with the people who stole my music. I'm not a stand-up comic. You're confusing me with the people who stole my humour. I am an artist and a humourist.

The next time someone wants to tell everyone I can't draw, why don't they invite me to draw their portrait live, in front of a camera? As bad as it was to be left out of the celebration of my work, it's even worse to be left out of this online kangaroo court that arbitrarily passes judgement on my talent without evidence and then gets the rest of the world to go along with it. Okay, I once left a jealous comment on another artist's page. I envied his technique, not his talent. And I apologized afterwards.

Are we sure I've been humiliated enough yet? I'm eating at a drop-in, forced to listen to others listen to the radio or the TV. Are we sure this is right? I still haven't been compensated for all that good work of mine that was stolen and consumed. I'm not a halfwit. I'm not a hard drug user. I'm not a criminal. And, dear God, I would never harm a child. I'm actually a pretty high functioning individual.

If there are still people who want you to think I'm untalented, do you think it might have something to do with the fact that I still haven't recovered all my work? You know, some of these thieves are highly influential. They can sit back from their televised pulpits and wail on me. Why are they still allowed to do this?

Why am I still blocked from my online followers? If I knew I had them in the first place, I wouldn't have deleted anything and this nightmare would have never begun. Why do I have to travel 2,500 miles to answer my comments?
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2013. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment